Draw by hand, scan and bring into Illustrator
1. Create a black and white illustration being careful to close objects completely as you draw.
2. Scan the artwork as a high resolution file (I prefer tiff images)
3. Open in Adobe Illustrator or other vector software.
4. Use the trace command to create the vector artwork and then use the expand command to break the image into sections.
5. Select the image and ungroup.
6. Using the paint tool – click on an individual area to fill with chosen color.
7. Continue and save as a vector file.